Friday, October 1, 2010

Nuit Blanche

On Saturday Night Toronto's annual sunset to sunrise celebration of contemporary art returns for the 5th year. Nuit Blanche was first conceived in Paris, France in 2002 in attempt to bring contemporary art to the masses. It is now reproduced in over 6 cities across the world and continues to grow every year.

This will be the first time I am going to take part and Nuit Blanche and I am very excited. My friend Adrienne and I haven't planned anything out but are just going to see where the night takes us. The event is broken into 3 zones Zone A, curated by Geral McMaster explores the night transformed into an unforgettable experience sculpted by light. Zone B, Downtown West, curated by Anthony Kiendl, explores how art and popular music create cultural moments. The Downtown East Exhibition, curated by Sarah Robayo Sheridan, looks at the night of future past addressing histories revisited, futures explored and the present in flux. Curated by Christof Migone, this Exhibition explores the concepts of movement, gridlock and mobility.

I look forward to being dazzled and entertained tomorrow night and will share my photos with you on Monday! I hope all of you will go out and share in this artistic phenomenon.

1 comment:

  1. Yeaaaaaaaaah nuit blanche. Can't wait to cause trouble on the streets.

    ReplyDelete