Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Power House of Terror

This morning I was watching Breakfast Television and saw that they were reporting from the Power House of the former Lakeshore Psychiatric Centre. I have heard about this building before as it has a reputation for being haunted. The Power House was created in 1936 by the patients of the Lakeshore Psychiatric Centre and it was shut down in 1979. This building and those around it have been listed as the most haunted sites in Toronto.

This Halloween the Power House has been opened up to raise money for Sick Kids Hospital with 5 terrifying attractions to spook the daylights out of you.

The Asylum - Enter...if you dare...a maze of ultimate madness. Once you enter The Asylum there is no escape. Whatever you do stay together and do not make eye contact if you want to survive!

Shady Acres - If you survive The Asylum, you will enter the realm of the Crypt Keeper ---The Thief of Souls. The Crypt Keeper craves new mortals and awaits your arrival. Allowing you to leave, however, may be a little more difficult.

Terror in the Maze - What! You escaped the realm of the Crypt Keeper? Impressive! You are braver then we thought! The zombie Marsh and corn maze will surely seal your fate.

Terror under the Big Top!!! Enter a dimension where reality as you know it will cease to exist. Afraid of the Dark? You should be!!!

The Last Ride - A Personal, Solo, Extreme Experience involving all the senses. Ever been in a real coffin before? Experience a simulated burial and get buried alive! This ride allows you to lie in a REAL coffin and feel what it would be like to be buried alive. If you’re claustrophobic, now is time to test your bravery.

For some reason I am intrigued by these attractions at the same time I am not sure I could handle it. I remember my first time at Screemers years ago I was walking through one of the haunted houses and the characters freaked me out so bad I fell to the floor in fear. It took me a good 3 mintues before I got up and that was after the girl finally stopped freaking me out and told me I was o.k. Looking back now I can laugh but at the time I was petrified, so I have mixed feelings about checking this out. Although I know a few of my friends would just love this. If this is something that interests you please check out their website at http://www.charityhaunt.ca/

For more information about the asylum please check out this website. http://www.asylumbythelake.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment