Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bailey




















One of my ultimate loves of my life is my dog Bailey and today he is celebrating his 2ND birthday! So I thought I would blog about him given that he's such a big part of my life. Bailey is a jug(jack Russel/pug mix). He is wild, rambunctious and full of energy. He would give Marley a run for his money and I think I could write my own book given the amount of stories I have from him. He's a handful, but he also has brought so much joy into our lives. I don't know what we would do without him.

Bailey is an interesting character to say the least. He hates squirrels, chipmunks and raccoons and if he sees one on our property he freaks out. The noises that come out of him when he gets a glimpse of one of these furry creatures is so high pitched and squeaky you would think there was a dying animal in our house. Bailey acquires a lot of attention we need to take him on at least 2 walks a day otherwise he will start running laps around the house which can be very entertaining and humorous at times. He is very intelligent and amazes my husband and I all the time. For instance if he is thirsty and he is at any of my friends or family member's homes he will sit in front of their sink and bark until you give him water to drink. If he runs out of food he will carry his bowl to us and drop it on our laps making us feel like neglectful parents. Another story that amazed me but scared the living daylights out of my sister at the time was when she took him for a walk to the park a good few blocks away from my parents house. He decided to run away from my sister at full speed and took the exact path they took to the park back to the door steps of my parents place. It is terrifying to think of the number of things that could have happen to him but I am still impressed with how he got home on his own. I guess he just wasn't in the mood for play date at the park?

Well to commemorate his birthday were having a special dinner and I hope to bake some canine treats so i will post that tomorrow. Happy Birthday Bailey!

No comments:

Post a Comment