Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Stagette and Wedding all in one weekend

This past weekend we celebrated my best friend's wedding and I couldn't have been more delighted to have been a part of something so special. It was a wonderful weekend full of laughter and love.

On Friday night I along with the other bridesmaids threw the bride to be a stagette. It is one night I am sure she will never forget. I won't go into too much detail except to say it was a fun filled evening with lots of drinks, dancing and some dirty bingo.

On the Saturday we decided we needed to re-cooperate from a night well spent, so we booked ourselves in for the therapeutic waters at Body Blitz. For those of you who haven't visited this spa I highly recommend it. Body Blitz is an all women's spa that put's a modern twist on ancient restorative water practice.

The circuit begins with a warm soak in the dead sea salt water, followed by steam, infra-red sauna and a hot green tea pool. In between these though there is the cold plunge which is always a difficult challenge but I do recommend it as it is believed to boost immunity.
If your looking to get relaxed whether it be for a wedding or just from everyday life this is great place to go! You can come on your own or bring a friend. I like to go with at least one other person as I find it's great place to catch up and bond with my friends. For more information on Body Blitz check out their website: http://www.bodyblitzspa.com/

After our bonding session at the waters we decided to finishe the day with a manicure and pedicure from my favourite place Urban Nails. Urban Nails is located on Danforth Ave close to Broadview station in the heart of Riverdale. A manicure and pedicure is only $35 and you can't beat that price. The ambiance is chic and the service is impeccable. When I got married a few years ago they let me book the entire space for just my bridal party, which was such a treat. We were allowed to bring in our own food and drinks and made a whole night out of it. It is something I will never forget it! For more information check out their website: http://www.urbannails.ca/

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Kath! You summed it up perfectly...an unforgetable weekend!

    ReplyDelete